Family involvement is vital to the success of our students. If you wish to volunteer in any capacity, please fill out the background check information using the following procedure below.
- Print out Volunteer Background Check Request form from website (forms also available from building secretaries)
- Fill out form entirely; ONLY ONE FORM PER FAMILY IS REQUIRED
- Attach copy of driver’s license or state ID
- Turn in form to teacher, building secretary, or board office (forms may also be scanned and emailed, along with copy of ID)
- Once the background check has occurred, the name of the volunteer will be placed on the Volunteer Background Check document under the approved or not approved status.
- Volunteers not approved may contact the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent at the Melvindale-Northern Allen Park Board Office.
Allendale Elementary Volunteer Opportunities:
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Watch D.O.G.S.
- Help with book fairs
- File books in literacy library
- Listen to children read
- Conduct flash card drills
- Provide individual help
- Assist in learning centers
- Practice vocabulary with non-English speaking
- Play instructional games
- Reinforce learning the alphabet
- Reinforce recognition of numbers
- Help with handwriting practice
- Help prepare assembly programs
- Share information about local history