"Nothing can make our lives, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness." -Tolstoy
CLASS DOJO VIDEO TOOLS
ClassDojo has some AMAZING video tools. In their Big Ideas Section, you can watch mini-series about growth mindset, perseverance, empathy, and gratitude. You can check out the first episodes on ClassDojo's YouTube Channel, but if you create a free account on their main page, you can watch all of them.
- Beginning of the Year - Ways to introduce/re-introduce yourself to your students.
- Bullying - Lessons that focus on respect and bullying prevention.
- Character Education - Core value for each month.
- Fairness - Lessons for when kids say: "That's not fair!"
- Following Directions - Focusing on the importance of both giving and following directions.
- Identifying and Expressing Feelings - Helping students understand how to positively identify and express their feelings.
- Making and Keeping Friends - Lessons that reflect on the qualities of good friends.
- Positive School Behaviors - Discussing the positive behaviors that lead to school success.
- Self-Esteem - Focusing on the effects of both high and low self-esteem.
- Tattling - Helping students understand the difference between big problems and small problems.
- Test Anxiety - Activities to tame test anxiety.
- Bulletin Boards - Displaying important school counseling content on a school-wide scale.
- Career Day - An event that promotes career exploration and community involvement.
- Dear ___ - Students write letters to our school mascot to help him solve his problems.
- Expect Respect Club- 5th grade students can apply to be a member of this club. Members are assigned an age group (K-2 or 3-6) and must plan ways to help those student groups feel special at our school.
- Good Behavior Competition - Target behavior concerns by encouraging friendly grade level competition.
- Kindness Month - A month to promote positive school climate and acts of kindness. (February)
- No Name-Calling Awareness Week - A week to promote a positive school climate.
- PBIS Tier 2 - Supporting the academic and social skills of target students.
- PBIS Reward Celebrations - Ways to highlight positive student behaviors each month.
- Tattle Box - A place where students can report both positive and negative social interactions.
SMALL GROUP COUNSELING
- Anger Management - Small group sessions to help students learn how to identify and appropriately express their anger,
- Anxiety - Providing students with the tools they need to overcome their anxious feelings.
- Divorce - Helping students cope with their parents' divorce.
- Loss and Grief - Small group sessions to help students with their grief.
- Making and Keeping Friends - Reflecting on the characteristics of good friends.
- Self-Esteem - Small group sessions to boost students' confidence.
- Social Skills - Lessons to build an understanding of positive school behaviors.